Getting Congressional Help

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Community Support and other Daycare topics.

What can I do to raise national awareness of childcare issues?

Getting Congressional Help

Not only your state senator and congressman can help you in your child care advocacy. You can write to congressional members on related committees as well as the leaders of the House. You can even have your parent's group write a letter to the President or First Lady on behalf of your children, sending in art work or painted hand prints along with it. These letters do actually get read, and help raise the profile of the issues you want highlighted. They also teach an early lesson on government to the children.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Daycare Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Lynda Moultry